Eastbourne Family Contact Centre is always looking for volunteers to help run this vital service.
The basic tasks of a volunteer are:
- Helping prepare the Centre in advance of people arriving.
- Welcoming visitors
- Registering visitors
- Explaining the use of the facilities
- Providing toys for the children
- Providing refreshments
- Tidy up the Centre at the end of the session
- Talk to, listen to and help to relax visitors
- Talk to, play with and relax visiting children
- Help the parents to play with their children
- Keep a watchful eye on the visitors whilst in the contact rooms
Take a look at our Volunteer Profile, and if you think you have what it takes to help, then we would love to hear from you.
Just download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and return it to us. Attached to the application form is a Volunteer Equal Opportunities and Diversity form which we would ask you to complete at the same time. The information is for statistical and policy consideration only and does not form part of your application.