Family Contact Centre volunteers should be:
- Cheerful but not artificial
- Assertive but not dominant
- Able to understand issues that affect separating families
- Able to build relationships whilst remaining impartial
- Able to deal with difficult situations and parents under stress
- Prepared to work as part of a team where people exchange information and support one another
- Aware of and prepared to follow any policies or guidelines the Contact Centre has in relation to Confidentiality, Child Protection, Equal Opportunities etc.
- Prepared to attend and participate in any training events either at the Contact Centre, regionally or nationally.